Tuesday, January 17, 2012

♪This is the day that the Lord has made♪

I loved that song! ☺ It was my favorite. Every time we sung that song in a church service or a prayer meeting, I would belt it out like there was no tomorrow.. hahahahaa... I mean it was so catchy and so much fun to sing because everyone around me was happy and smiling. It had a nice feeling, but that was when my mind was child like and simple. But as I grew up, it wasn't my favorite because it was such an old tune. It became an old song for me. I still liked it, but when I started listening to the lyrics that said:
♪This is the day. This is the day, that the Lord has made. That the Lord has made. We will rejoice. We will rejoice, and be glad in it. And be glad in it. This is the day, that the Lord has made. We will rejoice, and be glad in it. This is the day, this is the day, that the Looorrd haaaas maaade.♪ (Psalms 118:24)
I didn't understand. Ok, so the first part is not that hard but the second part is a bit of a tough-ee. I know the Lord has made this day, but how can I always be glad in it? What if it comes with so many issues? How can I face that day with a smile? But then through today's devotional Jesus said, "You can be glad in it because I am with you, and when you stick with Me, you can overcome the day." Isn't that AWESOME?? Yes it is! :) Now I understand why all those people at those church services and prayer meetings were smiling from ear to ear. It wasn't the great beat, but the meaning behind the words. Now this song means so much more to me; I can sing it with a meaningful smile.

Just like the previous devotional, God wants us to live in His peace. He doesn't want us to 'be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let our requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard our hearts and minds through Christ Jesus' (Philippians 4:6-7). Have hope in the promise God has given us:
I shall supply all your need according to My riches in glory by My Son, Jesus Christ. (Philippians 4:19)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool Grey Outer Glow Pointer