Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Problems, problems, problems

This world has all sorts of problems: big problems, small problems, math problems, science problems, etc. The one area that has plenty of problems is LIFE. Yup, my life as well comes with its share of problems. Some of them I can handle, but some I can't. I mean problems itself cause frustration, anxiety, and stress, but trying to solve a difficult problem and it not working out the way I want, causes me to be more anxious, frustrated, and stressed. I focus so much on my problems that in the whole process I lose sight of God. I sometimes remind myself of Peter when he's caught in the storm with the disciples, and they see Jesus walking on water. Then Peter asks to walk on water well...
but when he saw hat the wind was boisterous, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, "Lord, save me!"
Sometimes I get so caught up that I feel like I'm getting sucked into the problems and I'm drowning, but it says in Joshua 1 verse 5 and 9 says:
...as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
I have to realize God knows everything about me, even the problems that I'll be facing in the day. Through it all He will be with me. He will see me through, which is so refreshing. He even clearly says in Mathew 11:28-30:
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.
He loves us so much that He calls us to Him and invites us to take rest in Him. He cares for us. Jesus reminds us that He will always be with us. Once we focus on Him and not our problems we can experience His perfect peace. Philippians 4 verse 7 says:
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
~Walk boldly in the Lord~
 

1 comment:

Cool Grey Outer Glow Pointer