Tuesday, January 17, 2012

On a whim...with God

My family, friends and I are planning to go to India for a missions trip, God-willing. So of course we need funds to buy the tickets. So one day I had this urge to go outside a store and sing while leaving my guitar case open, as a way to raise funds. 


So I was planning to go to a Kroger that was near my house, but instead I was pulled towards Books for Less. After asking the nice clerk that was working there (I wish I had asked his name), I stood outside singing for about four hours, and I can't tell you how surprised I was. I mean I had a good feeling to start with, but with all the people that donated it reaffirmed my feeling :) I got $28 and some cents. :D Then I went the day after that and did the same thing for another four hours with a sign saying what I was doing out there, and what I'll be doing in India. When I went home and counted what was in the guitar case, I had $48 and some cents.


Right now I have $77 and some cents in my general fund! God is so good! I also, wanted to thank all those who had donated for this :)


I'll be posting where I'll be going next. Please come by and say hi, or just come for the music :P

2 comments:

  1. That's so awesome! God leads us to do things that we've sometimes never done before.
    Word of encouragement--> Romans 8:28.
    Fighting!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Cool Grey Outer Glow Pointer