Thursday, January 12, 2012

Road maps

▲ Keep straight on the road of your life           18yrs
► Turn right to attend Georgia State University    4yrs
■ Graduate with a BSN in Nursing         1yr
╠╣ Transfer lanes in order to get a better paying job at Emory     4yrs
♥ Get married with an American boy from Indiana   3yrs
◄Turn left to buy a wonderful house     5yrs
╪ Road block of having a miscarriage      1yr
☺You'll  have twins      2yrs
$Pay for the twins to go to college   19yrs
╦ You lose your husband to a heart attack     4yrs
╬ You retire happy      7yrs
O MAN, what I would give to get my hands on this road map! It seems like that game LIFE. I wish my life was like this, so finely written down with every turn, every bump, every road block, leading me along this windy road of my life. Every day I ask God, "Please Lord, I know that You have my life all planned out, but can I at least know what's coming next?" Any time I'm anxious about something, or some big decision is coming up, I always find myself asking Him this question. But in Exodus 33:14 says:
And He said, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."
God didn't promise me that He would give me my road map, but He promised me that He has a plan for me (Jer 29:11) and He would always be with me (Heb 13:5); all I need to do is trust in Him. He sent the Holy Spirit for me, to guide me, and set my mind to rest. To put it to ease. God's promises are so great! Also, in John 15:4-7 says:
"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you." (NKJV)
As I am joined with Christ, and He is joined with me, I will not fear. His desires become my desires, and what I ask He will let it come to pass. God knows my life's road map forwards, backwards, inside out, and outside in; He equips my heart, mind, and soul for the day ahead. Everything I need for that coming day He readies me. I think I'll just leave that map in His capable hands because knowing me I would most likely still mess something up even with my life's map in front of me. :P

"God, continue to ready me for the days ahead of me. In Your Mighty Son's name I ask, AMEN."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool Grey Outer Glow Pointer